Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1SbFFQVz6

Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Little Piece Of My Heart

   
 There are many people in life that are obsessed with cars. They look for them to purchase, they work on them, they talk about them, they dream about them! Their life revolves around cars. I'm just not one of those people. I've never placed emphasis on a vehicle. I mean, come on, I drive a Mom van. Ewwwww!!!!!!

 But, it's paid for and when I got it, I needed room for seven people in a vehicle. It was the most amazing car ever in my eyes. It was perfect. Everything automatic, clean, new smelling and all the bells and whistles. I thought it was something!

 Well, my first car was nothing like that.. It wasn't expensive. It wasn't luxury. In fact it was considered Antique! It had that old car smell and dust still in it from the 60's I know! You had to manually roll down the windows. I even ran out of gas a few times before I realized that the gauge was broken. It was a 1965 Volkswagon Beetle, or better known as the Bug!

  It was my DREAM car. It was electric blue. (I wanted to paint it purple, but somebody wouldn't let me!) You could hear me coming from a mile away. I blared Janice Joplin, Lenny Kravitz and Tori Amos from the speakers constantly, while screaming every word from the top of my lungs. I carried all of my friends everywhere they wanted to go. It was awesome!

I loved that car.

It was me.

It fit my personality.
Even the horn had a little sass in it!

 When my Dad sold it, a little piece of my heart went with it.  One of my best friend's would now be the owner of my car. I was devastated. Still am.

Even today,  I do not want a Denali. I do not want a Lamborghini. All I want is a BUG!

My style of music has changed, and my color preferance is no longer purple. But, it is and will always be my dream car. I do want an upgrade to a comvertible... Selfish, I know!

 I want the wind in my hair. I want you to hear me coming from a mile away because of my amazing singing!  I want to drive to Seaside with my flip flops and shades on. I want take another little piece of my heart with it. I want to make new memories.

 It will happen one day and I want you by my side all along the way!





No comments:

Post a Comment